Wad Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5!

5 posters

Go down

YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5! Empty YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5!

Post  fawfulfan Sat May 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Technically it's not a "flash" game; I created it in Multimedia Fusion 2. But it is a game I made.

WARNING!!! This game can be BRUTALLY hard!

Download!

This is Version 1.5. I may be providing an update later.

QUICK EXPLANATION:
When I was really little, I'd create a landscape with the AutoShapes on Microsoft Word, then make a blue triangle, move it around with the arrows, and pretend I created a video game. I called it "Triangle Legacy". Now that I've got Multimedia Fusion and can actually make video games, I thought it would be funny to bring back Triangle Legacy as a real game.

CHANGELOG:

Open the spoiler to view the changelog for Triangle Legacy Revisited:

Spoiler:

So, what do you think?

Last edited by fawfulfan on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:44 am; edited 6 times in total
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Location : I'm looking over your shoulder at what you're doing.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/10413229/b0f6da0f/sharing.html

Back to top Go down

YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5! Empty Re: YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5!

Post  daiches99 Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

I couldn't get past the the third tiny bit.
I got past the first bit, the second but I couldn't get past the third thing, after that I kept dying on the second bit because of the fast platforms.
daiches99
daiches99
Judge

Back to top Go down

YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5! Empty Re: YET ANOTHER UPDATE! Triangle Legacy Revisited, Version 1.5!

Post  fawfulfan Sun May 31, 2009 1:51 am

Two things you might want to know:

1. After every few levels you'll be checkpointed. The first checkpoint is awarded after you clear level 4.
2. If you just can't get past a level (which will probably be often, because this game is so hard), go to the main menu and press spacebar. A complete list of all the levels will appear, and you can skip ahead to any of them.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  daiches99 Sun May 31, 2009 2:06 am

Thanks, also I love the scheme of the everything!
Maybe you should try to make your own sonic game. Sonic The Fated Hour is my favourite one mad with MMF.
daiches99
daiches99
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Sun May 31, 2009 2:41 am

****, it's really hard. But I like how the triangle moves. I just wish he wasn't so slippery.

Now I want to make a game again. :< I guess I'll learn over the summer, where I'll have nothing else to do.
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sun May 31, 2009 2:48 am

I'll be releasing TLR 1.3 very soon. Keep an eye out for it.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Sun May 31, 2009 4:10 am

Just wondering, the beginning says something about the Blue Traingle having made a name for himself in his world for already doing something. What it was, I forgot. You could make a prolouge with that.

As for the game, I have gotten more used to the controls. The graphics are simple, but they don't look like total crap. (SRB1, cough cough.)
EDIT: The second level, the desert level, is really glitchy. When jumping I always get stuck in the walls. You should fix that.

I RWEALLY want to make a game now, especially since I have a plot and everything for Jellybones. How did you learn to make this game?
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Violo Sun May 31, 2009 11:18 am

50MBs?! That's huge. I's going to take me half and hour to download this. Sad
Violo
Violo
The Creator

https://wad-heaven.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sun May 31, 2009 3:49 pm

Jellybones69 wrote:Just wondering, the beginning says something about the Blue Traingle having made a name for himself in his world for already doing something. What it was, I forgot. You could make a prolouge with that.

As for the game, I have gotten more used to the controls. The graphics are simple, but they don't look like total crap. (SRB1, cough cough.)
EDIT: The second level, the desert level, is really glitchy. When jumping I always get stuck in the walls. You should fix that.

I RWEALLY want to make a game now, especially since I have a plot and everything for Jellybones. How did you learn to make this game?

The thing Blue Triangle did in the past was liberate Shape World from the evil Hexagon Armies. It was in a really, really old project that I never finished.

In the second world, it IS really glitchy, but as far as I can tell, there isn't really a good way to fix it. The good news is that the glitch ends at the end of the world.

As for how to make the game, it was a real learning process for me. I just figured out how to do things as I went along, and occasionally asked for help on the MMF2 message board. MMF2 makes it really easy to make your own games, but I can't easily describe how it works.

Violo wrote:50MBs?! That's huge. I's going to take me half and hour to download this. Sad

Yeah, the only problem with MMF2 is that it does a terrible job of compressing files. The next version will be an even larger filesize, but I'll upload it in ZIP form. That should help a little.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:25 am

Where'd you get MMF2? If it's free, I'd like to see it. If not, I'll be sad.

A way to fix it in the second world to simply be to make the "tunnels" larger then they are, if that's what they are. Just make it large enough to the poor triangle won't hit his head on the ceiling every time he jumps.
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:26 am

You're going to be very sad. MMF2 costs about $200. But it's worth it, because it's so much easier to use than Game Maker.

BTW, have you noticed I updated it? You can download V1.3 now.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:24 am

fawfulfan wrote:You're going to be very sad. MMF2 costs about $200. But it's worth it, because it's so much easier to use than Game Maker.

...Ouch. I remember getting a free version from somewhere, so now I feel bad.

Anyway, downloading the new version.
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:07 am

There's an even NEWER version now! 1.4! Check the changelog to see what I've added.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 am

You should post this other places, Wad Heaven is, y'know, sort of empty.
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:44 am

Hmmm...where would you suggest? Wad Heaven is the only MB I can think of with a forum like this.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown the dog Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:46 am

SigSev Café maybe?

EDIT: Yayz! My 100th Post!

Last edited by Brown the dog on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brown the dog
Brown the dog
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 am

SigSev is down right now.

Never mind, it's on SRB2MB now.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 am

You could just post it in the video games section of any forum, really. It wouldn't break any rules.
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:45 am

NEW VERSION! See first post.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down