Wad Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Wad Heaven

5 posters

Go down

The Tale of Wad Heaven Empty The Tale of Wad Heaven

Post  fawfulfan Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Here's Chapter One. Let's see if any of you guys can do a good Chapter Two.

CHAPTER ONE:
THE VISITOR

Rain pounded on the roof. Violo gazed out the window, looking at the impenetrable, stormy darkness, punctuated by blinding forks of lightning and deafening claps of thunder. He wished he was back home, playing SRB2. The little shed was freezing cold, the faint light cast by the naked lightbulb above his head was flickering and gloomy, and water dripped from the roof. But he stayed where he was, kept in place by rabid curiosity. The mysterious message had said to be at the the shed on the edge of the valley at seven o'clock, and he needed to know why.

It occurred to Violo that perhaps the message sender was an enemy. What if he had walked into a trap of some kind? Good thing I brought an automatic-infinity-explosion-rail-homing ring along with me, thought Violo, patting the lump in his pocket.

Without warning, the door crashed open. A silhouette was framed in the doorway, dripping wet and ruffled-looking. He barged into the shed, and closed the door, the light spilling over his face. He had dark hair and glasses. Violo slipped one hand into his pocket, just in case.

"You came." said the figure. His voice was deep, and slightly nasal.

"Who are you?" asked Violo warily.

"My name is Fawfulfan." said the figure, pulling off a sodden leather jacket and casting it aside. "I'm relieved you're here. There's something I need to discuss with you."

"Oh?"

"Yes." said Fawfulfan.

"Do I know you?" inquired Violo. The individual called Fawfulfan didn't look remotely familiar.

"I very much doubt it." said Fawfulfan. "But I read of you in the paper. You are an Knight of the Order of SRB2, are you not?"

Violo held out his arm. On it was tattooed an image Fawfulfan knew only too well. It was a picture of Sonic holding a flag. "The mark of the SRB2 Knights." said Fawfulfan. "That's the proof I need. You'll forgive my suspicions earlier, but there was a chance my message was intercepted. If our enemies knew of the information I plan to tell you..."

"Forgive me," Violo cut across him, "But what is this information? And who are you, anyway?"

As an answer, Fawfulfan pulled up his sleeve, revealing an image identical to the one on Violo's arm. "I am a friend." he said. "A friend who has important news."

"What news?"

Fawfulfan took a deep breath, and said "I might be close to locating Wad Heaven."

Violo sat up in surprise. "Wad Heaven?" he said sharply. "I thought that place was only a legend..."

"And yet is is real." interrupted Fawfulfan. "At least, if the evidence I have found is to be believed."

Violo stared at Fawfulfan. This was getting interesting. Very interesting.

"I have already made arrangements to leap into the Internet in search of the fabled message board. You know as well as I of the stories, the fables...they say Wad Heaven is a place of opportunity and treasure, where no one's work is shunned and the streets are paved with SOCs."

"L...leap into the Internet?" inquired Violo.

"Indeed. With such grand stories, countless explorers and Knights have attempted to find Wad Heaven, and all have failed. There's no Google Search that hasn't been tried in the search for the place. A lot of other search engines, too. It's time to take the quest to the next level, and use a more...direct...approach."

"Are you saying you have a Leaper?" demanded Violo sharply. "But...but how?"

"Spazzo." said Fawfulfan simply. "He had a Leaper hidden in the Great Fortress. I journeyed with Daiches99 and Brown the Dog to the place, and managed to steal it. But at a cost...Daiches99 and Brown the Dog were captured. Those brave Knights are surely still being tortured by Spazzo...if they're not already dead."

Violo shuddered. Spazzo, the Dark Lord, was known and feared across the Internet. If he had been using a Leaper, there was no telling what could have happened. The three Knights were truly heroic to have sneaked into the Great Fortress of the Dark Lord.

"As I'm sure you are aware, Leapers allow one to physically enter the Internet and search it from there. I think that's our only chance to find Wad Heaven, but I can't do it alone. Violo, I need your help. Perhaps together we can release Daiches99 and Brown the Dog from the evil clutches of the Dark Lord. In failing that, we can still Leap into the Internet and search for Wad Heaven."

"I'll do it." said Violo at once. He hadn't been on a quest for six months, and longed for adventure. "Brown and Daiches must be freed, and Spazzo must be stopped. You know, if he had a Leaper, he probably intended to search for Wad Heaven himself...and who knows what might have happened then..."

"My thoughts exactly." Fawfulfan said. "At the very least, I've already managed to interfere with the Dark Lord's plans. Together, maybe we can interfere a bit more..."

END OF CHAPTER ONE

Last edited by fawfulfan on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Location : I'm looking over your shoulder at what you're doing.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/10413229/b0f6da0f/sharing.html

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Wad Heaven Empty Re: The Tale of Wad Heaven

Post  daiches99 Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:00 am

Wow, you got daiches' image very well. A valiant knight who copies abilities like emerl. Of course, he relies on his sword a lot but still.... Need to make more up lol!
daiches99
daiches99
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:03 am

daiches99 wrote:A valiant knight who copies abilities like emerl.

...ummmm...what? This fan fiction is about the members of Wad Heaven, not the people they're named after.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  daiches99 Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 am

I know it just seems ironic how you got it pretty close to his real self.
daiches99
daiches99
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:42 am

Ah, I understand. Funny coincidence, eh? I've used up my creative juices for the time being, but maybe one of you guys could pick up where I left off and make Chapter Two, and then I could jump back in and write Chapter Three or something.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown the dog Fri May 08, 2009 12:13 am

This is quite more than a coincidence if you ask me:
Spoiler:
Spoiler'd if you wanna wait for it.
Brown the dog
Brown the dog
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Violo Fri May 08, 2009 11:04 am

I'll guess I'll let this past. It's a very good concept. Just make sure you insert Dr.Pepper. He's quite important to this place. Smile
I only just had enough time to read it now, and I really like it. I'd be happy to write a chapter or reference if needed. Just give me a call if you need me. Razz

Edit: Anyway, where is this? You know, the location of where these people are. I'm thinking human, but then I forgot about Wepon Ring I (apparently) possessed. So let me guess, this is a world cnnected to video gaming and the internet through some sort of virtual reality.
Violo
Violo
The Creator

https://wad-heaven.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 am

It's supposed to be a world where real life exists, but games in computers can manifest themselves as physical places.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybones69 Sat May 09, 2009 10:10 am

WHERE AM I?! Sad

I can be the creepy guy in the back of the shed.
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sat May 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Plenty more people will be added into the story. Remember, this is only chapter one.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Brown the dog Sun May 10, 2009 12:37 am

Now seriously, that was quite long for a chapter...
Brown the dog
Brown the dog
User

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sun May 10, 2009 2:19 am

Ummm...chapters can be as long or short as you want them to be.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  daiches99 Sun May 10, 2009 2:21 am

Just read the Inkheart series.
It is a perfect example.
daiches99
daiches99
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 pm

I'll see if I can post a new chapter soon.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down