Wad Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COPYCAT

4 posters

Go down

COPYCAT Empty COPYCAT

Post  Jellybones69 Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 am

This forum has the releases-submissions forums like the SRB2MB. It's not a bad thing to have it, but I doubt this forum will ever have such a large issue that you need to accept wads. As for the spam thing, it's pretty much the same as Wad base's.

In a nutshell, be more creative. I don't see anything original in this forum that other SRB2 forums don't already have.

Last edited by Violo on Sun May 24, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hah, the minimum of topic characters is one now. Beat that!)
Jellybones69
Jellybones69
User

Back to top Go down

COPYCAT Empty Re: COPYCAT

Post  Violo Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 am

Good point. We might keep it in in case of some wads that can't go through. Then we can move it to In Progress if needed. Well the spam thing needs to be sorted out and Wadbase has a good way of sorting it soooo, I'm keeping it as it is for now. Also, if you have any ideas, you can just pm or the staff can do what's needed in the necessary topic. Wink
Violo
Violo
The Creator

https://wad-heaven.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Pepper Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 am

I have to agree with Jellybones, maybe we should get rid of Submissions, at least for the moment. If there ever is anything that's unacceptable posted in Releases, we can just delete it, and PM the author with our reasons for removing their thread(s). The official MB only really created their Submissions forum because of the near constant flood of garbage being posted in Releases, so it was difficult to moderate.

Later on, once the community grows larger, and shovelware (timer socs, sprite-ripped WADs, music WADs, WADs that don't even work, etc.) actually becomes a problem, we could put it back.

As for the Spam forum thing, it may not be necessary to separate intelligent topics from the dumb ones. I see quite a few topics in WADBase's Stupidness forum that would be acceptable in Intelligence as well.
Dr.Pepper
Dr.Pepper
The Char Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Violo Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:12 am

I have a better idea, one sec.
Violo
Violo
The Creator

https://wad-heaven.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  fawfulfan Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:03 am

I agree we shouldn't have submissions...it's tantamount to hypocrisy. Aren't we supposed to accept any WADs as long as they have at least some originality? I think we should simply throw away those few that fail to meet even our guidelines, and let WADs go directly to releases. I see it's been done for now, so that's good.
fawfulfan
fawfulfan
User

Location : I'm looking over your shoulder at what you're doing.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/10413229/b0f6da0f/sharing.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum