Wad Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished)

4 posters

Go down

What do you think of the HUB?

Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_lcap33%Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_lcap17%Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_lcap17%Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_lcap33%Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_lcap0%Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Empty Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished)

Post  daiches99 Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 am

The first place in Sonic's Story before MapA2, it is unfinished and will is being graphically changed .
It comes under Map01 but in the mod it is MapA1.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjeztozmhmz/HUB.wad
Just letting you see what the HUB is like.
There will only be 4 HUBS but I want to know what thoughts you have on my HUB.
daiches99
daiches99
Judge

Back to top Go down

Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Empty Re: Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished)

Post  SonicOmega Tue May 19, 2009 2:04 am

Awesome but don't have too many, it can confuse people whre they must go

good job I really like it! (is like Apotos town)
SonicOmega
SonicOmega
User

Back to top Go down

Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished) Empty Re: Sonic Neo Blast - Sonic Neo Town HUB (not finished)

Post  xXsamilXx Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 am

Its pretty good.
xXsamilXx
xXsamilXx
User

Back to top Go down

Post  robirdobirdobirdettebirde Tue May 19, 2009 9:53 am

Wow, you guys here are downright horrible at criticizing someone's work. Saying "awesome" or "I liked this but disliked that" is fairly vague and useless information. It's better if you talk about each individual part of something, and give well-thought out comments.

On the SRB2 WADBase, I wrote:I just tested your HUB level, and this is what I have to say about it:

-The detail is actually fairly nice. It should feel more like a city than just a block of cement surrounded by water with rectangles sticking out.
-The entire thing should be expanded. It's strange for a HUB to be so very small, as there isn't much to look for.
-Align your wall textures. Go inside the garage with the moving machines, and look at the monitors. The texture doesn't repeat nicely because the linedef is split into several. You can align them in Doom Builder's 3D Mode, by facing the walls and using the arrow keys, or by pressing A to align it with other textures of its type.
-There really isn't a sense of direction. The player usually thinks they should go forward from the start, so I went on the springs and went from tower to tower, only to go back to where I started. I went exploring, found some awkward little hill, and found the exit.
-The water's COLORMAP is awkward. I think that #0000FFJ is a better color, as green water doesn't look natural in SRB2, as that color's mostly reserved for poisonous water or acid.
-The NiGHTS texture that points you to the beach looks awkward because it's just some thin line floating, there's the word "MARE" on it, and, if you look behind it, it points to the player's right, which it shouldn't.
-The beach section (assuming that's what the arrow leads to) doesn't feel like it has a proper introduction. It feels strange to just walk into a rectangle and appear somewhere else.
-One of your linedefs on your Thok Barrier is "lower unpegged" and has GFZGRASS as its middle texture. It's near the exit of the level.
-The level doesn't have a proper header. Instead of simply changing the music in slot 1, you should add a new one into an empty slot, and give the level a correct name. It can be done with SLumpEd, XWE, and various other lump editors. Or, if you want, I could do it for you.

Overall, this level isn't really bad. There's flaws, but they're very minor ones. The texture choice is nice, the level feels pretty, and the music is fitting.

robirdobirdobirdettebirde
User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down